Essex County Beekeepers’ Association – Harvesting the Honey

Mar/10

David Meldrum of the Essex County Beekeepers Association shows how to harvest the honey after the bees have been working all Spring. For more information visit the website www.essexcountybeekeepers.org . Music by Kevin macleod, www.incompetech.com . Photographed and Edited by Soso R. Whaley, Moaning Dog Productions.

1. harmonicamans
    4:06 am on March 16th, 2010

Great video. As a beginner I am starting my first bee hive. I live in East Tennessee. We have a local beekeepers organization that is helping me get started. Your video has helped me a bunch. Thanks

CP

2. chaserehn
    4:24 am on March 16th, 2010

OSHA! Why doesn’t OSHA go off themselves like the rest of the fed bureaucrats should do. Let the people produce and keep the fruits of their labor.

3. wb1h
    5:10 am on March 16th, 2010

I don’t think OSHA would approve… No belt guards. Beekeepers tend to be frugal (I mean cheap), so why buy when you can rob a junk pile.

4. OnwanashiboNarfall
    6:00 am on March 16th, 2010

Awesome video! You must be a mechanic engineer lol great innovation.

5. wb1h
    6:34 am on March 16th, 2010

A bunch of US Essex beeks ran into a bunch of English Essex beeks on a bus trip to Canada a few years ago. Always fun to connect across the pond.

6. adski225
    7:25 am on March 16th, 2010

hey,
    great vid I belong to essex bee association in England!

7. kadhine
    7:29 am on March 16th, 2010

Very interesting indeed!

8. zeidanny
    7:54 am on March 16th, 2010

ohh ok thanks :) … I used to live in Windsor, Ontario there was an Essex County 20 miles out. I don’t live anywhere near Massachusetts but i really like your video.

9. soso5555
    8:12 am on March 16th, 2010

no Essex County in Massachusetts… you can visit the Essex County Beekeepers at the Bee Building, Topsfield Fair, Topsfield, Massachusetts…. Oct. 3rd through the 13, 2008….

10. zeidanny
    8:51 am on March 16th, 2010

essex county Ontario?

11. viewitnow
    9:14 am on March 16th, 2010

Great Video. Excellent narration, no silly background music, nice camera work.

Thank you!

12. nnu
    10:07 am on March 16th, 2010

I`M SOO HOT AND SEXY***I`M ALWAYS IN THE PLAYFUL MOOD***MY BODY ASK YOU TO COME AND KISS ME!! Don’t be afraid to tell me the naughty things you want me to do for you. I want to please you during you show as much as possible :) baby join me at – Play-Cam _dot_ COM – my user-id there is Maria-yoqq chat soon on cam :) suhlaufmkwbd

13. ElCid4321
    10:25 am on March 16th, 2010

You have a nice apiary and and a nice setup for extracting the honey. I think I will save your webs site if you don’t mind. I used to keep bees as a kid but I gave it up because of the beestings. I don’t like beestings especially from Italian honeybees.

14. wb1h
    11:12 am on March 16th, 2010

The audio was cut off in the video, but propolis (another bee product) was also used for band aids. The propolis was dissolved in alcohol and then painted onto the wound. No doubt the alcohol played a big part, but the propolis provided adhesion and bonding as well as antiseptic properties.

15. bigbeehoney
    11:28 am on March 16th, 2010

Howdy,

Loved your video. I also have a small operation with twenty five hives. I like your double garage set up.

Check out my videos of my beeyard.

Ed Gagnon
    Big Bee Honey

16. boxa888
    11:36 am on March 16th, 2010

thats so cool that you said they used the honey as bandages in the old days, but guess what i was reading the newspapaer and doctors are going to use it again because it has so much nutrients. thats funny we forgot the past and found it again. thanks for the information and videos.

17. joebarcena
    12:20 pm on March 16th, 2010

Makes me hungry for honey

18. wb1h
    1:19 pm on March 16th, 2010

Soso, I like the way this video moves right along. Nice job.