Beekeeping,PART1,Honey Bees Hive building removal.Beekeeper John Pluta saves Bees,Beehive

Apr/10

georgiabees.blogspot.com Beekeeping Honey Bees Hive Building removal. Beekeeper saving bees,beehive from building.Honeybee nest removed from ceiling into Beekeepers bee box. John Pluta does a 28 minute beehive move of large beehive comb job in Milledgeville Georgia.

1. hideousgrog
    3:50 am on April 21st, 2010

What is the name or brand of white clover you buy from Southern States?

2. poprocz
    4:21 am on April 21st, 2010

Up here in North Georgia I buy five pound bags of white clover at Souther States and spread it over my yard after spike aerating, my bee’s love the stuff.
    I fact I hate to mow it with the rest of the grass cause the honey bees are covering it up like white on rice but most of them move when they see me coming.

3. johnpluta
    5:04 am on April 21st, 2010

20/22% up from 15%
    Don’t move bees to clover and Georgia temps to hot for clover nectar flow,so can’t say.

4. johnpluta
    5:17 am on April 21st, 2010

If you watch the first comb I cut and dropped was full of honey,it hit my leg,ladder and all over floor.
    A very bad start I was covered and standing in it the whole time.

5. poprocz
    5:26 am on April 21st, 2010

Not no but “HELL NO”.
    That hive is just dripping with honey, I can’t imagine the mess.

6. hideousgrog
    6:05 am on April 21st, 2010

So then you have not lost 30% to 50% of your hives in 2009? What % of hive loss have you experienced first hand?

Also, have you had chance to put bees over durana white clover? If so, results?

7. johnpluta
    6:13 am on April 21st, 2010

Symptoms? A broad question.Yes I lose hives,but to what? We’ve had extreme weather, sprays on pollination, hive beetle stress.
    I stopped varroa strip treatments 3 years ago to clean up beeswax so some loss from mites.
    Overall hive numbers are up to produce more Nucs for spring sales with hard work.
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR HIVES JP

8. hideousgrog
    6:50 am on April 21st, 2010

Have you experienced any colony collapse disorder symptoms in your hives? What are you seeing insofar as ccd?