Beekeeping the Natural Way Part 2 of 2

Mar/10

NOTE: To see how to build OJ Blount's hive yourself (with even more modifications), or to order one already assembled, search youtube OJ Blount Beehive Assembly Part 3. BEEKEEPING WITHOUT CHEMICALS. OJ Blount demonstrates his method of keeping honeybees, including his own hive design for keeping it free from pests and predators as well as other tips. Parts 1 and 2 total about 14 minutes.

1. magprob
    4:20 pm on March 27th, 2010

That’s the way it’s done folks. Thank you Mr. Blount.

2. HABlakeblake
    4:44 pm on March 27th, 2010

I’ve met O J Blunt on several occasions and been by his operation in S Alabama. He is one fantastic gentleman. He is really good with his Bees and makes a great product.

3. dobe762
    5:31 pm on March 27th, 2010

I like natural beekeeping, and would like more details on building your hives please.

4. maslalita
    5:47 pm on March 27th, 2010

i like the way you build very good work

5. sculptor1965
    6:37 pm on March 27th, 2010

Thanks so much! I’m going to try and make one like it here in Utah

6. donttrustsnowmen
    7:18 pm on March 27th, 2010

Great videos,,
    I bought 2 hives last year from a beekeeper in another county,they had small hive beetles,I did natural treatments and got them down,but after the bees began storing lotz of honey this year their population seemed to explode within days,any natural ideas that may help?-Ive been using powdered sugar shake for mites.Thanks.

7. bigbillyholmes
    8:16 pm on March 27th, 2010

these 2 videos were great sir..you sure know how to look after your bees..hives are well painted..thank you for your tips..sure hope you make some more videos with you working with your bees…..billy

8. ArtfullyYours
    8:59 pm on March 27th, 2010

He said he tried that feeder but it was not handy for him. He keeps flowers blooming almost all year round being in the deep south where he can. He only has to feed in late winter.

9. bdrowe
    9:04 pm on March 27th, 2010

Looks cool but I can’t see using it. My bees drink 1 liter of sugar water a day, per hive. I use a 4 gal beemax top feeder.

10. ArtfullyYours
    9:56 pm on March 27th, 2010

Beekeeping without chemicals. OJ Blount demonstrates his method of keeping honeybees, including his own hive design for keeping it free from pests and predators as well as other tips. Parts 1 and 2 total about 14 minutes.