BEEKEEPING Honey Bees open feeding vs Beehive top sugar syrup feed bottles Beekeepers Honeybees GA.

Jul/10

Open feeding honey bees,pro and con. Beehive top feed bottles by Beekeeper John Pluta, Milledgeville Georgia. Beekeeping fall bee feeding ideas and variations. CLICK FOR OTHER IDEAS AT georgiabees.blogspot.com Sugar syrup honey bee hives top feeding inside and outside. Beekeeping ideas on fall buildup to prevent honeybees starving over winter.Use sugar or high fructose corn syrup for beekeepers honey bee hives over wintering.

1. Mrmizilplix
    10:41 pm on July 13th, 2010

So does anyone know what was holding the bottle????? Some kind of plumbing??

2. kimberkep
    11:36 pm on July 13th, 2010

What is the fitting that you are using on the nucs for the bottles? Thanks for the great info!

3. magprob
    12:09 am on July 14th, 2010

I think it’s a great way to feed a lot of bees fast for late fall storage. I would rather do that than risk a massive starve out in the winter. Dead bees don’t produce anything. Plus, I just love squishing yellow jackets!
    Thank you John for all your videos and help for us guys that are just starting out. Could you do a video on how you manage your nucs? If you have one, I can’t find it. I see that you stack nucs. How long do you build them up in nucs until you put them in standard hives?

4. Hamish121212
    12:12 am on July 14th, 2010

What do you have attached to the top of the hive cover to make the bottle sit into it?

5. UmmahTube
    12:31 am on July 14th, 2010

@justinRkeaton Well i am sure if you have a good hive full of bees then when any yellow jackets try to intrude they can get swarmed. Please correct me anyone if i am wrong.

6. jav8or
    1:31 am on July 14th, 2010

were you getting stung when you were doing this?

7. F2L4Life
    2:26 am on July 14th, 2010

FYI, yellow jackets are members of the wasp family.

8. debay777
    2:35 am on July 14th, 2010

I look at Beeking the natural way. Im already interupting the natural order of things keeping them in a box. I dont want to do much more than that. I dont feed sugar anymore. I just installed a package of bees and I fed them the can of syrup that came with them and thats about it.

9. mattheweanfeldman
    3:33 am on July 14th, 2010

What on the hive does the bottle fit into, it looks like metal ring

10. johnpluta
    3:46 am on July 14th, 2010

NO,they just rob honey and cause guard bees stress trying to keep them out,small and fast

11. justinRkeaton
    4:21 am on July 14th, 2010

do yellow jackets try to live in the hives with the bees?

12. retiredtrucker50
    5:10 am on July 14th, 2010

Thanks for this post it gives me and ideal in the future of a new way of feeding my bees in the future

13. taylorarmy
    5:23 am on July 14th, 2010

hay do you think 1 1/8 hole will work for the bottle feeding on the top of the hive and what in sort is on the hive can you explain that a little more please thanks jon new beekeeper

14. johnpluta
    6:08 am on July 14th, 2010

Bees DO NOT transfer disease from clean feed.
    Robbing bad honey combs would be a foul brood problem. Just WHAT disease were you thinking??
    If you listened you would have also heard this was emergency feeding 124 NUCS that would have starved due to bad weather.
    Those also were NOT wasps but YELLOW JACKETS which are so small and quick they sneak into hives to rob anyway.
    Now I am BARKING MAD.

15. Fantamonkey
    7:02 am on July 14th, 2010

Hahaha! You’re a man of action!!! :)

16. cordovanbee
    7:12 am on July 14th, 2010

oh yeah look at all the action! will try this thanks for posting

17. thecommandobear2
    7:21 am on July 14th, 2010

Your all barking mad , this has got to be the quickest way for bees to transfer a diesease to each other and to allow wasps to feed at all is just wrong, I under stand the need to feed as a beek my self but i would never ever allow anyone to do this or to allow anyone to evan think of it, thsi realy is very very poor beekeeping practises

18. fotohogger
    7:50 am on July 14th, 2010

I too feed in the open frequently. I also have some inside feeders and entrance feeders. I use the entrance alot but rarely the inside as it is just too much trouble and takes up frame space.

19. gstonegraphix
    8:28 am on July 14th, 2010

nice video=

20. poprocz
    8:34 am on July 14th, 2010

Excellent video, their so drunk and preoccupied with the sugar water their paying you no mind.